Monday, September 15, 2008

Better than store bought!!

So while I have been off with my surgery I have been playing molly homemaker I have even learned to make fairly healthy homemade granola bars. Everyone that has tried them wants the recipe so here it is. hope you like them to, I do lots of variations with chocolate chips and stuff.

Chewy Granola Bars
4 1/2 cups rolled oats (31/2 cups rolled oats & 1 cup of rice crispies)
1 cup all-purpose flour ( I will use a 1/4 cup of protein and 3/4 cup of flour if I have it)
1 teaspoon baking soda (I haven't added)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2/3 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup honey (a little more than 2/3 a cup)
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 cups miniature semisweet chocolate chips (I use milk chocolate)


DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Lightly grease one 9x13 inch pan.
In a large mixing bowl combine the oats, flour, baking soda, vanilla, butter or margarine, honey and brown sugar. Stir in the 2 cups assorted chocolate chips, raisins, nuts etc.
Lightly press mixture into the prepared pan. Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 18 to 22 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for 10 minutes then cut into bars. Let bars cool completely in pan before removing or serving.
(I use a rolling pin to press into a pan very good, and I like to eat them warm)

6 comments:

Chris said...

Can't wait to try this!

Chris said...

I love the family at the bottom!!!!

Marcie said...

That looks good. I'll have to try it. Hope the recovery is going good.

Freckle Face Girl said...

Sounds yummy!

Jackie said...

Yummy!

seesuerun said...

These were good J asked me when I was going to make more of those "amazing granola bars"