Monday, July 6, 2009

Mark the Great

Mark the Great!

“Run from side to side and fall on the ground I will shake the camera then when we watch it will look like an earthquake.” or
“Jump off this haystack backwards and then run backwards and you will look like a superhero when we watch it.”
These were just a few of the special effects that my brother used to become the legendary Mark the Great. Having Mark as a brother was like living in the world of fantasy. There was rarely a day that went by with out laughing hysterically as he performed in his one man funny show, or directed his family and friends in the soon to be next neighborhood hit movie. I grew up looking at my brother and believing that he could lift rocks with ease and throw them, over his shoulder.
As I grew and realized that the massive rocks were Styrofoam and that his movies were full of more special effects then reality I still looked at him in amazement. I watched as he took on an instant family and made it his own, that same year he selfishly turned his only transportation to my first car the day I turned sixteen. His power grew by leaps and bounds as he touched countless life’s, his church callings led him to develop more powers and grow stronger with each one. I was never surprised to hear people rant and rave about how my brother selflessly gave to there family in one way or another. He went without, so that his family wouldn’t he gave what he had to others that needed it more. He never looked for thanks but quietly left and wished you well. Even when in extreme pain his thoughts were only of others needs. I watched in amazement as he became stronger but it was each act of kindness and selflessness that developed his powers.
On Tuesday June 30th 2009 he again amazed me as he showed strength in a fight at the time was for his life, as I look back I realize that he was stronger than any living person could be and Mark the Greats powers were needed to serve in the most great way.
He has always been my superhero and I know that when I meet him again I will still be amazed at how much his powers have grown!

My Big Brother MARK THE GREAT!!!!
Annette Richardson Murphy
-sister-

1 comment:

Freckle Face Girl said...

What a wonderful guy to know & even better to be related to. My prayers are with your entire family & his.