Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Sister Fest 2009

What a day/night/day!
I have five sisters including my mom who is always included as she should be in our sister Fest outing. This year we were able to also have my niece and baby come and enjoy the festivity's. This year we returned to Park City for laughing and shopping and eating and eating and eating!!! We are lucky that we always have so much fun with each other, we started off with stopping for a bite to eat at a great barbecue place that like all others feed us way to much. So who wants to share always starts off with trying to find the sister that wants to share or who you can get that is in the mood for the same type of food you are. For example steak I can't share because mine is the only one that is well done, it will usually take quiet a while for us to get our order together because of all the laughing that is going on.
After we ate we headed down main street to shop, I am usually the leader of the pack shopping wise; my love of a specialty shop with a bargain always pushes me forward.
After shopping we headed back to the condo. Now a little off the subject these sister fest were not started by us we have my dad's sisters that started the tradition we call them the Aunts. The weird thing is that I can already see our nieces and nephews calling us that too.
This year are condo was donated to us by The Aunts who had been out having a sister fest of there own.
This is where all the fun begins we did deep conditions and lots of eating and laughing until we where up until after one. Now the sleeping arrangements are always fun, I am the only one that can sleep with Chris because she snores (and knows it, thank goodness my husband snores). The pull out beds tended to be a little lumpy so Chris slept in the red crib!! (two arm chairs pushed together)
When we wake up getting ready involves trying on each others newiest makeup find or hair care product and of course lots of giggling.
We finished off by shopping and seeing who could find the greatest deals.
I always look forward to the time when we get together and just really enjoy each other. I am so lucky to have sisters that all enjoy playing with me, Love ya sis's.

3 comments:

Marcie said...

I love sister getaways. Glad you were all together and had so much fun.

Chris said...

What great memories..I hope my brain cells will continue to keep up. Can't wait till your home. Have a good time.

Freckle Face Girl said...

That sounds so fun. One of the wonderful benefits of having a big family...makes these kinds of events even better.