Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!!

As I review the blog from last year I realize that I only had one post!!! It has been a crazy year and although I am not prepared to do a whole year update I will promise one soon!!
We brought in the New Year with family at a New Years Eve party at my mom's playing games and eating lots of junk food!!! What a great way to prepare for the traditional New Year Resolution of this is the year that I will get healthier!!! (I did eat my weight in junk food last night :-)
Along with that I look forward to the start of a new semester (not) It is looking to be a very grueling one I am currently registered for 16 credits now if I was a 20year old college student this would be an easy schedule but I am a mother of 5 (my husband always counts at 1) in my late 30's with a full time + job and finally enrolled as a premed student!! So you can understand the concern I have with this semester!! Trying to figure out the balance is the frustration; the main reason for the heavy schedule is the cost after 12 credits the rest is free! This is great to a late bloomer in deciding the degree route who has blown financial aide with focus in another area and has to make funds stretch!!!!!!!! The other reason is that Med schools look at your credit load to decide if you are a candidate for their school if you haven’t carried a full time load you can basically say goodbye to the possibility of attending! College is insanely expensive and stressful but a necessity in today’s life even if you are almost in your mid-adult years (OMG I can’t be that old). I can only say that once the schedule posts I will be deciding if I can really keep up the credit load or if I will be dropping a class! That will happen next week, so with that in consideration I have decided to hold off on ordering my books till then because at $70 a book and some classes requiring 2 (Love the kick back professors that profit from the books they require (that is a whole other post))it is very costly to order then hope to return them. So as all can see this year brings a lot of insanity to the Murphy household and I am proud that for the first time in a while it is me causing it not 3 teenagers, a 9year old and a husband!!
Happy Insantiy Year!!!

1 comment:

Freckle Face Girl said...

Hey Superwoman! I don't know how you do it & you do it well. Hope this New Year goes much easier than it sounds. Hugs!