Monday, January 24, 2011

Save the world with a click!!

I would like to share with you my assingment that I wrote for one of my classes on the effectiveness of the site thehungersite.com, please think of visiting it and taking a moment to click to end hunger. Feel free to share the site with all!

A click of your mouse will feed the hungry, build the rainforest, prevent breast cancer, provide healthcare to needy children and save an animal. In the current social networking era we can do a lot with a click! We can plant a crop on face book or tell the world that we just bought a new pair of shoes on twitter but will the needed population take a moment out of their social life’s to click and help end some of the worst plagues of the current century?
I clicked my mouse and felt empowered by giving without even leaving my laptop or opening my wallet! I have to admit that I under normal circumstances have to stop and hold up traffic to give the man or woman holding the cardboard sign my spare change. So to me this will work to make it so easy to contribute to those that need in the world, why wouldn’t I share with my family and friends the same opportunity.
Apparently the effectiveness has been spreading by giving empowerment to the simple people of the world with a click of the mouse put toward a good cause. It gives the instant gratification that society wants by allowing you to see how much food you can provide to the hungry just by clicking each day! I can see my results as I look at the graph at how many others have clicked to give also.
But of course the funding behind the hunger site is the sponsors and I for one felt more comfortable looking at the ads, knowing that they felt the same way I did about giving to the needy in the world. I will be more drawn to their product because of it; this creates a win, win situation for all!

1 comment:

Freckle Face Girl said...

Great post! I'll be clicking for hunger too!