Sunday, January 9, 2011

Parents are so embarrassing!!

This is my oldest teenage son Connor!


As a mother of 3 teenagers I hear this phrase often, at least once a day. Now I have to say they have no claim to this comment. Although at times when they are deciding to make the right choice I have threatened if they choose to not be home on time I can show up and pick them up with curlers in my hair and in by bathrobe. Although I do not own any curlers to wear I do a fluffy bathrobe at times!  I have yet to actually show up and do what I have suggested might happen.
The fact that I have not had to do this yet makes me think that I must be doing a good job as a mother and my teenagers are sweet little angels. So when Connor brought home his highschool sports Magazine with the senior spotlight I excitedly opened it up to read my little angels spotlight and I would like to share it with you.

The first sentence is,

(BIGGEST INFLUENCE) My parents (see I told you I have been doing a good job)

(INSPIFATIONS) Money and the ladies (ok so he is 18 this would probably be most boys his age response)

(FAVORITE QUOTE) “Sometimes you gotta pull your pants sown and slide on the ice.”

(I WANT TO BE) A cop or male model

(IN MY SPARE TIME) Game, flirt and fight crime

(AWARDS AND SERVICE) Nobel Prize for my work with midgets

So if you can guess I was left a little speechless after the 2nd statement all I can say is that I am saving this article for him when he has teenagers who will think he is embarrassing. I am sure you can guess why!!

1 comment:

Freckle Face Girl said...

Hahaha! Thanks for the Laugh! You are a great mom by the way and you have great kids.